Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Jefferson and cheesman today.

Got to Jefferson a little later than I wanted. My friend and I caught 6 eater lakers, I lost a laker that was probably 27 or so inches. Didn't set the hook hard enough... Oh well he would have been released anyways. Lake is mostly open with icebergs floating around. We fished for 2 hours on the east bay until the crowds came and I couldn't cast semi parallel to shore anymore. Lake was more full than I've seen it In years.

Went to cheeseman. Lake was also full. First cast, caught one right off the bat. And 5 casts later, got another one. My friend found the honey hole and was pulling them in more often than me. Still did pretty good between both of us, until the storm pushed us off.

No pics. Caught and selectively harvested a few lakers and eater smallies for the dinner table. All fish hit tube jigs worked aggressively. Sorry dudes, no pics. Hopefully I got enough Internet fishing messageboard cred for you to believe me.

·
Registered
471 Posts
God I love Pike national forest area. For the past several years I've always made a camping trip there in the 1st week of June. Sadly I missed it this year due to stupid work.
Sounds like you had a good trip, nice job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts