Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I were to try to catch a Pike w/ a fly and bobble, what tippet (or other line) would I tie to the fly? I haven't had a Bass break off on 2x (9lbs), but I haven't landed any big ones w/ the fly. Any tips? 
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Ive never seen anyone fish for pike under a bubble before, but hey, its fishing...anything goes....

try a short wire leader tied to your line, or perhaps my favorite...hard mono, 20 lb test. most flyshops have it in stock.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rottal --- Thanks, now some people will be able to say they saw someone fishing for Pike under a bobble. They just won't be able to say they saw anyone catch one that way.  ;D  I just might get lucky though. Thanks again for replying.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
you might want some wire or hard mono around the bubble also i wouldnt put it past a toothy pike to inhale the bubble especialy if the bubble was on the surface

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Fishdawg said:
How about some 80 lb. shock tippet?  I've got a couple left over from my last Tarpon trip to Belize. 
I wouldnt go over 30lb the thicker the line the easier it is for the fish to see.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts