Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
i'm curious. Is that a pike or a tiger musky? I always thought that the veriticle stripes was a tiger and a pike had "kidney" bean shapes. Either way, its still cool.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
loolks like a tiger to me

M

·
0 Posts
well if it was taken in europe, they have pike there, but possibly a lil different breed, i was reading something about them in my NAFC mag and how the pike in europe are much bigger than they are here, so maybe they look different

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
good point stang

·
0 Posts
That was really cool to watch looks like a Pike to me too,but I think is eyes where bigger than his belly.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Tiger. But it's common to use "pike" as a general label for all the fish in the same genus (Esox), and "Northern Pike" when talking specifically about Esox lucius.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
dont try that approach with the warden when you kept an undersized tiger they wont buy the pike thing

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
roadkill said:
dont try that approach with the warden when you kept an undersized tiger they wont buy the pike thing
The DOW as far as I know have not stoked tigers in lakes that have pike... Also they have signs (or should) on the lakes that have tigers in them, with a picture of a tiger on them and the minimum legnth requirements.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'd never do that. I can tell the difference. But its apparent that not everyone does. Its been brought up before, but its a shame that people fish without doing their reserch. You need to know what your catching, how many you can keep .. and so on. Ignorance is no excuse.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts