Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems as though many of you like catching pike. If you don't mind driving about 3.5 hours, there is a lake in NE that is full of em. It is called Box Butte Reservoir and is near Alliance, NE. I don't know about the ice situation as it has been so warm lately but the pike are there nonetheless. We used to fish this lake when I was in college and there were always lots of pike. You can use live minnows too.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Ill have to write that on my list of places to try.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
38 Posts
Experienced Member
Member # 8412

posted January 15, 2006 10:12 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
box butte and smith considered totally unsafe!

the ice is like giant islands! really neat but not as neat as ice fishing
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 281 | From: Alliance Ne | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged 

This is from the Neberska Forum.   I fish the Box but not this year.   They have a lot of pike and Blue Gill.   Lot of fun.

Dave

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There were lots of big fat perch and nice walleye in there too. Float tubing the weed lines was always a productive way.

Lake Minatare near Scottsbluff is GREAT for walleyes in the spring.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I know a guy who lives near Minatare and he is taking the boat out on Tuesday for eyes. I ice fished Smith right after Christmas and there was a guy there talking about how he broke through the ice a couple days earlier at B.B. I love it up there!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts