Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going after Pike this Sunday and wondered if any of you guys have had any luck recently and might provide a few tips and where a good lake would be to go. I have been going to Green Mtn. lately catching lakers and would like to try to find a new spot within two hours of Denver.

Thank for the help!
;D ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I have written somewhere a whole thread on catching northerns through the ice. I have caught 3 pike 10 pounds or better this ice season (10, 12, mid 20's at least, no clue on weight). I don't know exactly where you should go, but williams fork does have some pike.

·
Registered
16,566 Posts
CaptHook said:
I am going after Pike this Sunday and wondered if any of you guys have had any luck recently and might provide a few tips and where a good lake would be to go.  I have been going to Green Mtn. lately catching lakers and would like to try to find a new spot within two hours of Denver. 

Thank for the help!
;D ;D ;D ;D
If you were me you would go over ute pass to the Fork. Park on the inlet end -you might hafta buck some snow- Jig kasty's or Lazers tippoed with tiny piece of worm in 9 to 15 FOW. iT'S YOUR BEST CHANCE TO GET A PIKEY THERE.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
11 Mile Reservoir; Loop E; Snug up right next to the big rock about 200 yards to the left of the parking area - you'll know which one. Bounce Kastmasters off the bottom in 10' water. They are there but you have to get to that hole early....real early.

Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts