Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where are these lakes. I'm thinking about doing more fly fishing. Let me know how I do.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Re: pikes peak lakes

Let me know how I do.
you doing great man!...sorry couldnt resist

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

OOOOPPPPPSSSSS! Its been a long night!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

It's good to know that you have my back, Roadkill!

·
Registered
6,797 Posts

no prob i do it all th time remember my "crap" thru the ice? talk about oppps

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
are all them lakes open my old timer nieghbor talks about having to sneak in to fish some lake on the road to pikes peak he said they fished just awesome
he grew up here and has never been to the top because he would always duck off and fish

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Not all the lakes are open - the ones we are talking about here are called the "North Slope Recreation Area" and are comprised of North and South Catamount Reservoirs and Crystal Reservoir. The other lakes that surround Pikes Peak are not accessible via the toll road and are largely owned by the City of Colorado Springs which tightly controls, limits or denies access. Penrose Rosemount Reservoir is a nice one that is off of Gold Camp Road and is designated for fishing use only. No camping, no picnicking, just fishing. I haven't fished it in three years and heard that it may have recently reopened to public fishing. I caught a lot of nice 12-13" brookies in there when the water was low in 2002 (drought year). Stocker rainbows in there as well.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
im gona have to pin him down as to which ones he fished might be interesting if it is now open might have to take him up there but it might not be as fun for him if it is legal...LOL

·
Registered
152 Posts
Rosemont used to be really good for rainbows, brookies, and an occasional brown. They drained it two summers ago, and I think they just filled it up, so it might be producing, but i haven't been there in two years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts