Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading several posts on here, I decided to give this place a try.  I got there at about 6:30 and fished till dark using worms and jigs.    All I caught was a 6 inch saugeye. I didn't see anybody else catch anything while I was there.   I did see several Koi or Goldfish cruising around that looked to be about 2 or 3 pounds.  They sure look cool.  Anybody know how to catch them?  I threw a bobber with a worm in their path, but didn't have any takers. 
Also, that water looks pretty nasty.  Are the fish in there safe to eat?

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
the things that make fish unsafe to eat are many times not vissible things like chemicals pesticides and heavy metal do not always vissualy affect the water. just because a water is dirty/muddy or even trashy might not look healty it doesnt make the fish unsafe aslong as the fish look healthy. i wouldnt eat a fish that was lethargic or had sores. and check the dow site for lakes with heavy metal contamination then you should be fine

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've seen those same fish too. Orange and yellow, I had no idea that pond had saugeyes good to know. There are rumors of Tiger Muskie there but I have never seen or caught any. As for eating the fish in that pond I have eaten them and have had no problem. I agree with looking at the condition of the fish first. Where were you fishing at ?

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I dont eat fish very often so I haven't eaten any fish out of pikeview, but know lots of people who have and they are still around. Pikeview is drinking water for the Springs so the fish cant be too bad off right?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
The water level at Pikeview has dropped a lot since I started fishing it this year. However, I've limited out all but one time I've fished there. There are two big groups of KOI all different colors. I hooked one last year but haven't tried this year. I did catch a 27" Tiger muskie my last time out.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Big Kahuna-Are u sure. Because i talked to the DOW and they said they should only be 30 inches right now.....I have a hard time believing all these people claiming they catch a tiger there because a bunch of people including myself, have been trying and have only SEEN 1 or 2 in the water. Thats it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.