Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to pikeview today. saw a pile of trout on a stringer, counted at least 8. I go down to them and this guy catches another fish, puts it on the stringer and says "ed needs to come get his fish" then someone above him starts telling him he got over his limit. As soon as that happened, he put a few in a plastic bag and started to get out of there.

Someone beat me to calling the DWM, they were there within 5 minutes. Just as the guy was going back to the shore to get the rest of his stuff (already hid the fish in his truck's bed ::)) the two DWM's showed up and started to put the BUST on him.

all that for a few more stockers :D

Serves him right for poaching on a lake that has one parking lot with one entrance, just a few blocks from the CO springs area office. bwahahahahahaha!!!

Oh... and there was no "ed"

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I too like the outcome. Though, I sit here and think about it, I am not sure how I'd react if someone that wasn't wearing a badge came to question me. Not something that I would really worry about, because, well, I like fishing, and if I'm taking fish it's for someone else to eat, and I won't ever take more than my limit. But I'm pretty sure a dirty look, and a very detailed explanation of where he/she could go would follow. I understand the need all of us people need to take when it comes to protecting a hobby we all love, but I just don't think anything more than a phone call to the proper people is in order. Might just make me an ahole but, there are some crazy people out there, and there is no reason to ruin my/your day by putting ourselves in a bad spot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts