Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about hitting up Pikeview after work today, and just wondering if anybody has been there lately. I have never fished there before, so a location and lures/bait would be helpful.
Thankyou

·
Registered
265 Posts
Lots of stockers... Hitting flies aggressively. I was there today using a wooly bugger and must have caught 30.

Tim

·
Registered
249 Posts
North dock. Facing the lake. Throw 5-8 feet from the rocks with salmon eggs. I garauntee you will limit out in less than an hour.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Fishing pretty much anywhere on that lake you will catch trout. The docks are both good spots and the whole beach between the docks I have seen alot of fish landed. I usually have my kid when I go there so we fish from the docks, or if Im targetting muskies I start at the pumphouse and work the riprap to the inlet, and my kid usually catches bluegill from under the rocks.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Anyone catch a Tiger Muskie yet this year, I have been casting my a$$ off and still yet to catch one. I am making it my mission this week to catch one. What size are they, I hear they are barely legal, I just want a picture with one and let it go.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Barely legal means 36 inches, lol thats big. I seen one last year come up out of the murk after my spinner that had to be over 40 inches his head was wider then my fist. I saw him to late to try that figure 8 thing. Ive seen some in the 20's and 30's crusing the shallows by the inlet. I have not caught one yet this year or last. I feel ya on that casting your arm off.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Me too, the 2 times before that Ive went, I walked around the lake 2 times casting small spoons, rapalas, big spoons and spinners. Cought 1 trout.....lol. No follow ins or nothing. 1 day, all 3 of us need to get together and that will triple our chances of catching one ;)....lol

·
Registered
417 Posts
I'd be happy with any sized musky. I am going tomorrow while my son is in school, and again wednesday, I need one!!! I got some custom made wood lures from my friend on the east coast that they use for stripers, I am gonna throw them until my arms fall off!!!!!!!! I will probably go friday too if any of you are gonna be out there...

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Isnt tomorrow wednesday? Im headed up to rampart that day. I think it might be a little early season for the tigers still, I havent seen any this year. I think I might try some live minnows, or try to catch some bluegills for bait. Maybe I'll see you there friday if I am not to tired after work.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I guess I had my days mixed up... Can you drive across the dam yet? I have a spot where I bring my surf rods and catch lakers on nightcrawlers and sucker meat. I am on my way to Pikeview to try my luck for some Tiger Muskie. I will report later, hopefully with some pic's!!!!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Just got back from Pikeview, I threw custom wooden lures in Rainbow Trout pattern. I started at the inlet and worked my way down to the pumphouse. I make a long cast and as the line is falling to the water I hear big wings over my head, a few geese flew by. Needless to say one of them got caught in my line and I was fighting an 18 pound canadian. After a 5 min battle I finally got it free, and got my lure back! Luckily the hooks were not in the bird, but his buddies were trying to gang up on me! All in all I just got another shoulder work-out, but at least I got a little action. Going back Friday, if I'm persistant, eventually I will get one.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
That's what I find strange about birds as opposed to humans. When a duck or a goose gets in trouble, his buddies come to defend him. On the other hand, we've all heard about incidents where someone gets mugged or raped in front of a bunch of people and no one did anything to help.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Craig N said:
Wait a sec, theres lakers in Pikeview?
LoL... think he was talking about rampart.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I was talking about Rampart with the lakers. At Pikeview I also saw a Largemouth Bass about 10-11" by the pumphouse with fungus all over his back, he was in bad shape.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts