Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished early this morning out by the north end dock. Caught a 10" & a 12" rainbow on salmon eggs. Had a third bite possibly a tiger muskie? Darn thing broke my line. Good fight for about 10 minutes. Gotta add that this is the first time I caught anything in 5 years. Just started fishing again a few days ago.
"

·
Registered
11 Posts
I went out to Pikeview on Friday morning with my to 5-year olds and got the old skunkeroo. We tried salmon eggs, I threw some lures and even tried the woooly bugger and a couple nymph patterns. Only fished for about 1 1/2 hours, but didn't even get a nibble. Fished from about 10-11:30. This was my first time at the lake. We parked off of Mark Dabling and walked the trail past the construction to the east side off the rocks. I think next week I will take them down to Quail Lake and give that a try. I have not been down there either

·
Registered
249 Posts
dude.....u should have taken them on the north dock. THe east rocks seems like is where all the warm water fish are.

·
Registered
265 Posts
The North Dock is good.. I agree - those fish have been hanging by the rocks along GOG road.

When you say "warm water fish" are you talking about non-trout? Don't go to that lake if that is what you are after... Sure you might catch an occasional sunny or bass..... but that is about it and it is RARE! 95% of that lake is stocked trout. Crappies need to show themselves yet this year to make sure there are even any left at that lake!! 2 years ago I caught bunches of them... But the guys on the docks kept every single one they hooked and Decimated the population!

And I differ with you on your musky theory. When that lake was stocked with them, the majority were harvested by idiot fisherman who didn't have a clue and kept them thinking they were northern pike. I witnessed MANY being caught on eggs and power bait. There are still some in there for sure, but 9 out of 10 or more are gone. What a bunch of morons!!! Could you imagine what the musky fishing would be like if that didn't happen?

BTW - I caught a 44" Musky at the Gile flowage in Northeren Wisconsin 2 years ago on a worm and a bobber!

Tim

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had my wife drop me off  in the morning and pick me up later so parking wasn't an issue for me. A guy that showed up there later on told me he parked behind the pet shop but I dont reccomend it. If you drive east on Garden of the Gods past Mark Dabling look to your left, that body of water you see is it. There is some parking on the north side on mark dabling but its a bit of a walk. Thats the great thing about this place. Everyone see's it but not everyone knows how to get to it. It's almost like a secret fishing hole in front of everyone's face. The only thing that bothered me about it was there's too many inconsiderate people leaving trash. 

·
Registered
249 Posts
That other side of the lake is a great catfishing spot. In fact, when my uncle goes thats all he targets with livers and worms. I know a guy that always fishes there and he usually pulls a few crappie a week on that south dock. Hes a really nice guy who knows a ton about fishing. Especially the Springs lakes. He tought me alot about fishing.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
is pikeview is the lake they were talking about in the sharing the welth report? ON pg7!

B

·
0 Posts
one of the post said they caught a 30lb muskie had to climb down a cliff to get it then lost in they name'd the lake lake"X"!

B

·
0 Posts
A curly tail grub with a tube jig body they are storm brad you can find them at sportsmans warhouse!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts