Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started fishing about 12:30, just outside the inlet. A guy leaving said they were only hitting salmon eggs. I fished till 3. I caught 4 rainbows off salmon eggs, and one off power bait. The four guys fishing next to me were doing good off orange power bait. They were hitting the guy on the other side of me. He was using nightcrawlers. I'd see his rod bend, but he didn't get any while I was there. ---------  After, I ate lunch, and went to Big Thomson Ponds for some warm water fishing. I got skunked.  :mad:   

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, all stockers 10-12 inches. The biggest fish I ever got out of Pinewood was a sucker (off a nightcrawler). Still, it's a pretty lake, and close. I did here they were catching some nice one's at Flatiron. I was told by a few people not to bother fishing there. It sounds as if it's changed though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
In the 20 plus years my dad and i have fished many lakes in the loveland/ ft.collins area. and flatiron was about the worst for us
i have not seen anything good come out of that lake, but again it might have been the way we fished it, it seems really dirty
imo ill drive the extra mile to pinewood its a world of a difference

1 - 4 of 4 Posts