Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im heading up to pinewood after i get off of work in search of the muskie, ill let you guys know how i did, anyways those fish are hard to intise into hiting anything, but i got several techniques i want to try, if i dont catch any muskie ill go after eyes at carter for awhile

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
me and my brother hammered the trout, and my brother caught a 20 inch baby muskie on a raimbow rapala!!!, i saw muskie everywhere there and there was some big one's, im heading up there tommorow after work, i missed some nice hits on rainbow rapala i saw the baby muskie following it in

·
Registered
765 Posts
Does Pinewood have any unusual restrictions or entry fees? I was thinking about taking my elderly father there. He gets around pretty good for being nearly blind but a decent area of bank to fish from would sure be helpful. I would probably sight fish for tigers but did someone say they hammered the trout there? Dad would probably do the bait thing for trout.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i decided not to go to pinewood today because of the water, most of the time i like to sight fish for muskie, so the weather wasent good to do that, but yesterday was an awesome day we caught over 40 trout and had little muskie following our rainbow rapala in, we managed to catch one tiger

·
Registered
636 Posts
kokaneeking,

what did you use to catch the trout besides a fishing pole and where there a lot of other fisherman there?

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
gotmusky

i caught my trout on a silver kastmaster in 1/4 ounce size, my brother caught them on roostertails, there was a few quite afew people there, but plenty of room for comfort, i love to walk the shoreline and watch the muskie ;D

·
Registered
935 Posts
Most people don't use big enough baits for tiger musky and Pike when they try for the first time. A friend of mine swears he catches tigers musky at Pinewood using these huge red and white plugs and quite large red and white daredevil spoons.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts