Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't have much time this afternoon, so I checked on the DOW's fishing reports site. I decided to head up to Bear Creek for some close by action. The report was unusually specific, talking about a spot right behing Beau Jo's in Evergreen. Sure enough, I saw a school of about 15 trout, mostly small. A couple were larger than the others, perhaps a foot long. Over the course of an hour, I tossed everything I had at them. People on the deck were pointing the fish out to me, and it was embarrasing because I couldn't get them to bite. Kinda like at the mall in Silverthorne.

Anyway, this snotty kid throws part of a slice of pizza in the water. The fish scattered at first, but wouldn't you know, the bigger fish went after the pizza! I've had a hard time finding fish on Bear Creek, contrary to other reports, but maybe the abundance of pizza here is why the fish congregate here? Who knows, maybe I need a pepperoni fly.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
LoL... are you allowed to use bait a doughball would probably slay them.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it's kinda funny because the DOW's report had some humor in it, which it never does:

"Bear Creek - Bear Creek: This little river behind Beau Jo’s Pizza in Evergreen is chalk-full of brookies and small trout. Though using pizza crust might sound more fitting, the bread crust fly pattern works just as well. Small is the key."

Little did I know that a dough ball really would do the trick. ;D

·
Registered
664 Posts
mmmmmm.....pizza

Don't worry...those trout will soon be too fat to swim and will be lining up at the bank as people throw cholestrol perscriptions at them...then you can nab them!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts