Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't have much time this afternoon, so I checked on the DOW's fishing reports site. I decided to head up to Bear Creek for some close by action. The report was unusually specific, talking about a spot right behing Beau Jo's in Evergreen. Sure enough, I saw a school of about 15 trout, mostly small. A couple were larger than the others, perhaps a foot long. Over the course of an hour, I tossed everything I had at them. People on the deck were pointing the fish out to me, and it was embarrasing because I couldn't get them to bite. Kinda like at the mall in Silverthorne.

Anyway, this snotty kid throws part of a slice of pizza in the water. The fish scattered at first, but wouldn't you know, the bigger fish went after the pizza! I've had a hard time finding fish on Bear Creek, contrary to other reports, but maybe the abundance of pizza here is why the fish congregate here? Who knows, maybe I need a pepperoni fly.

· Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it's kinda funny because the DOW's report had some humor in it, which it never does:

"Bear Creek - Bear Creek: This little river behind Beau Jo’s Pizza in Evergreen is chalk-full of brookies and small trout. Though using pizza crust might sound more fitting, the bread crust fly pattern works just as well. Small is the key."

Little did I know that a dough ball really would do the trick. ;D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.