Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fished Pike View on 2-9 and had a pretty good day.  I got there about 9 and started fishing just to the left of the brush pile by the dam.   I caught my first fish about 9:45, my second about 10, my third about 10:45, my fourth about 11:30 and my last one about 12:15.  I do catch and release most of the time so I didn't keep any.  Four of the five were between 12 and 13 inches and the one was about 11 inches but all nice and fat. I caught the first three off  the dam and the last two off the north pier (wind picked up and made it hard to fish from the dam).  I tried various lures, power bait, and nightcrawlers.  I had a few hits with the power bait but only caught fish using nightcrawlers.

I found as I have in the past, that the fish bite best there when there is a chop on the water.  The first hour I was there, the water was like glass. 

One suggestion for those who do catch and release, is to use hooks with the long shank. The fish were sucking the hooks in pretty good.

M

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the site, and thanks for the great report! Is Pikeview the lake in Col. Spgs. that ePic keeps trying to catch tigers? I hear about all sorts of good lakes down there, but I am too lazy to drive like an hour. I would rather drive two hours and hit the S.P.R. and Spinney in the summer.

Thanks for the report, haf2fish, and keep the information flowin'.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I agree the 3 lakes in Colorado Springs are kind of a joke, its good enough to wet a line if you want to kill 20 mins or so or take a kid to catch some stockers. But if you were driving to find a good lake to fish I would look alot closer then Colorado Springs.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pikeview is a small lake just east of I25 on Garden of the Gods Rd. The biggest fish I've caught out of there was about a 10# Catfish that hit a green grub. I fish Pikeview when I don't feel like driving an hour and a half to fish one of the big lakes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts