Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My folks are coming into town at the end of the month and I'd like to take them on a 1-2 night fishing trip. Any suggestions on spots within a couple of hours of Denver? Was contemplating the Dream Stream, but they'll want to be able to keep a few fish. River or streams are preferred, as my kids like fishing them more, but any suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
When are they coming in and what is your skill set? Fly fishing or conventional?

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Find a cabin or lodge in the Beaver Creek, Avon area. You can fish the Eagle river. Good fly fishing. Good spinner fishing, or bouncing worms/stone flies on the bottom.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We'll be camping, so pretty flexible about location. We'll all be on spinning gear. They're coming in 9/23 and we'll probably be fishing the following weekend, but the timing isn't 100% firm. They're first time fishers for freshwater, but have some decent salmon experience. I've got a little practice and Will have at least one of my kids with me.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Might look into this one-Lathrop state park has good camping spots, a golf course and two lakes-one of which has a swim beach. The golf course is public and has a restaurant. There are trout, bass, pike, catfish and muskie between the two lakes. Lathrop is about 1 1/2 hrs south of Colorado Springs.

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
Might look into this one-Lathrop state park has good camping spots, a golf course and two lakes-one of which has a swim beach. The golf course is public and has a restaurant. There are trout, bass, pike, catfish and muskie between the two lakes. Lathrop is about 1 1/2 hrs south of Colorado Springs.

they also have good camp spots and there are a couple of trout lakes about a 15 minute drive from there. I don't know the name of them but you can get the directions in town or from the park rangers. the town is Walsenburg on I-25

1 - 6 of 6 Posts