Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Colorado Springs and my wonderful fiance bought me a new Shimano rod and reel for my birthday! I am wondering what are some places close to the Springs that arent frozen over right now? I won't have much time in the next 2 days to go very far (AVs game on monday night, on the glass!) . And if anyone knows what they are biting on that would be awesome too! Oh yeah, i dont have a boat so will be shore fishin.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Well in town you have Pikeview and that is at the corner of Neveda and Austin Bluffs. Then there is Quail lake and that is up near the world arena. Both are stalked and usually have a ton of people at them.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Rampart is still frozen solid. And they dont open it up untill May. This place sucks as far as fishing close to home.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Does anyone know if Ramah has catchable fish yet? I know it went dry a couple years ago but I thought that I heard it was restocked this last year.

About an hour away out east are the Hugo ponds, Kenny and Karval lakes.

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
alpinefisher said:
Does anyone know if Ramah has catchable fish yet? I know it went dry a couple years ago but I thought that I heard it was restocked this last year.

About an hour away out east are the Hugo ponds, Kenny and Karval lakes.
Dang! How fast do you drive. They are 40 min. east of me @ 75 MPH, and I'm 40 min. east of the springs.

I'd recommend looking into Brush Hollow for sure, then the catamounts when they open up. Ramah is rumored to have been stocked with catchables last year, but I don't know. I know they stocked fingerlings last spring.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts