Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the family headed out to the Western Slope for our annual Xmas with the In Laws. Every year we hit up lake X for some ice action. I was ready for some Crappie, Slimers, and Pike through the ice. The only issue, NO ICE!! So I improvised. I hit up River Y! Didn't fish very long, maybe 1/2 hr or so. I caught 4 Browns. They were 13"-17". Lost a couple on and missed a couple other hits. The action was pretty much constant. I was using Dynamic lures. HD-Trout! Gold-Natural and Gold-Orange! Thanks Terry Geek for the info on where to get em! Slow retrieve was the key! Cloudy weather around 45'F. Here are a couple pics!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This last one looks like a Loch Laven?
Anyway good time on the water even for just a short time!

Jim

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
brook king said:
Pretty browns. What is a loch leven -- a brown trout variety from Scotland? I'm guessing the lower Gunnison.
The lake was either rifle gap or harvey gap, and the river was the colorado river, perhaps the roaring fork river.

only way it could've been gunnison river was if it was crawford reservoir.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
TroutFishingBear said:
brook king said:
Pretty browns. What is a loch leven -- a brown trout variety from Scotland? I'm guessing the lower Gunnison.
The lake was either rifle gap or harvey gap, and the river was the colorado river, perhaps the roaring fork river.

only way it could've been gunnison river was if it was crawford reservoir.
wow you just tried to name everyplace he went, even tho he obviously didnt put up the names for a reason....good job letting all 3000 or so people that post and lurk on here know what spots he was fishing... ???

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Oh please. Nobody will be able to tell where he is fishing based on those pics. It's only pics of water and fish. And they aren't even monster fish. So why hide the spot? ;D ;D ;D :D

BTW...nice fish Jim :D

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK. So I modified the original post, to make it a bit easier to to tell where I was. No real intention of keeping the place a secret! I thought it was just fun to keep guessing a bit! :D

Rivrunnr1 said:
Oh please. Nobody will be able to tell where he is fishing based on those pics. It's only pics of water and fish. And they aren't even monster fish. So why hide the spot? ;D ;D ;D :D

BTW...nice fish Jim :D
And Kyle, what do ya mean that the fish aren't big? Those things are huge! ;D

Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts