Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
I second the Church Tackle Boards, except the roach model with the additional weights, just way too big unless you are planning on pulling some big cranks and snap weights or harnesses. I brought some back from Wisconsin a few years ago, and have found them to be particularly effective on kokes and trout out here. A typical Lake Michigan trolling spread would consist of downriggers, dispy divers, and planer boards all at the same time to cover as much water as possible, as you can run three single hook rods per angler. But the disadvantage as stated is traffic, you cant just whip out a turn, but I really like running long line taz devils on a board for salmon in the open water, and rapalas with some added weight right up along bluffs at say granby or green mtn. Another tactic was to set the board to release at the strike with very small downrigger clips and to use the "floater" as a marker

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.