Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you take a plank to the lake and others are using it, do you take it when you leave even if there are people still on the water ?

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
That's a good question...hate to have to leave a plank every time you went fishing..but those on the lake might assume that someone had left it there for others to use..

I guess if wondering...maybe just use the plank and take it with you out onto the ice..so you don't end up stranding someone out on the lake.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Hmmm.... good question.... I have never actually had to plank onto a lake before... Maybe should have a couple times though LOL.

I'm with hobie just use the plank and take it with you out onto the ice.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Take it with you or guaranteed it will be gone when you go back-

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
My II Cents

I'm a wanna be carpenter by trade. Good thing I don't ice fish you guys would be hurtin for certain.

If I found a nice plank I would put it in my truck. :eek:

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have used planks brought by others and then they are gone when I am leaving. Stepping through and getting a wet foot when I am leaving doesn't bother me much since I have dry socks and shoes I am gonna put on anyway.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I say take it. Getting off the ice is easier then getting on. I've left planks where your thinking of leaving one and I've had people take it when I'm still in the ice!

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have got on and off the ice at the same place there for years, it was pretty bad last week and I ended up finding a much better spot I will try this week but with these temps and the lake filling I expect soft to open edges

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Bullets fix stupid !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know, all the right wing gun nuts have a stock pile of bullets and they just seem to get dumber and dumber.

Get on the ice and drag it onto the ice a bit so it can be waiting for you when you get back off. Or wait for spring, screw ice fishing.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don't know, all the right wing gun nuts have a stock pile of bullets and they just seem to get dumber and dumber.

Get on the ice and drag it onto the ice a bit so it can be waiting for you when you get back off. Or wait for spring, screw ice fishing.
IMO i think the dumb ones are the people trying to take the guns away from the "right wing gun nuts".....:eek: just sayin.

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
We always found a steep spot at Glendo then it didnt matter so much...

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Really needed the plank today! Was 44 when we left and the edges were bad! One guy asked me to use the plank as well

1 - 19 of 19 Posts