Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there guys, its been awhile sense i posted anything, but there's not much to write about here in Iraq execpt i managed to tie around 45dz flies during my spare time this deployment. Only a couple weeks left and ill be home, wish i could say the same for Bones but he's got a few more months left. Can't wait and yes i going to get my license even though it will only be good for 3 weeks but i have to get on the water and wet my line and catch some fish. So what i'm looking for are some suggestion on where to go fishing for a couple days. What im going to do is Around the 18-20th of April about 3 days worth take off and do some fishing, hard core fishing. Also what i would like to do is hit at least 2 rivers during that time and fish all day long, rain or snow. Accomadation aka lodging is not a big deal any thing will do and if i have to do hard core than i just sleep in a tent it dosent matter to me. Im not looking for a guide just a do it yourself trip, but anyone that would like to go is more welcome to come along. Thanks for any suggestion and all the help.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
If it were me, I would go to Gunnison. So many rivers/streams/lakes and of course the hog trough. Beautiful area as well.

Glad you will be home soon, have fun...

Oh, one other thing, you should consider rewarding yourself with a float. When you get within a week or two of the trip, shoot me a PM and I'll see if I can arrange something on the Ark if your interested. Floating is very relaxing, exciting and good for the soul. I am sure those things are not really plentiful in your current situation.

Thanks for your service.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Glad your almost home bud. I'll be there soon enough. The Poudre was good to me while I was on leave, miles of stream to explore, then you could cross over the mountain and hit the Blue or one of the others on the way back around; thats kinda how I played it anyway. Had some good browns in the Poudre.

Make sure you plan one of our infamous, slightly notorious trips for when I get back. I'd say I'll have a ton of time come mid August or the beginning of September.

Stay safe and have a Good 'Urn,
bvones

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The go ahead is was given from the wife to take off and fish for thoses days. So i'll be leaving that Monday morning on the 18th from the Colorado springs and heading i don't know where yet but some where and i will return on the 20th during the day. It's in stone for me now so if anyone would like to join we can make this a fun time and have plenty of notice ahead of time. The Gunny dose sound good to me, ive never hit it yet,because i just got there Sept. of 09 and only fished that fall and winter then left for Iraq before spring. But the float trip dose sound fun to. Thanks for the suggestions already if you got any more let me know. Thanks GY

·
Registered
883 Posts
Oyey said:
I'll see if I can arrange something on the Ark if your interested. Floating is very relaxing, exciting and good for the soul. I am sure those things are not really plentiful in your current situation.
I could proably be talked into something.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
sorelips said:
Oyey said:
I'll see if I can arrange something on the Ark if your interested. Floating is very relaxing, exciting and good for the soul. I am sure those things are not really plentiful in your current situation.
I could proably be talked into something.
You read my mind...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awsome, Sure will give you a call Wahoo and Oyey and Sorelips and anyone else that is down PM me with your number and when i get home in a couple of weeks we'll link up meet and fish somewhere, the Dream or Cheese Caynon anywhere and start this off. Talk to you all soon. Gray yotee(adam)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts