Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We decided to hit our 4 favorite spots up here on the plateau... No fish of any significance, just some nice pannies of different species. Anyway, here are some pix for you guys.

Falling Water River
Calfkiller River
Old City Lake
The Pond ;)

Boy outfished me almost 2-1... Mostly because I was taking pictures and helping him pick spots. No joke though... The kid is turning into a fisherman. I know it's only panfish, and it's only crawler fishing... but I'm proud of him. I watched him take his weightless crawler, throw it upstream against the spillway and hold his rod tip up, letting the bait float naturally down the current until it hit a pool. That's where he caught 10 or so of his 20 fish. I didn't tell him to do that...

Love it....

·
P I K E
10,113 Posts
Kewl pics Owen!!! THX for sharing bud!

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks guys. We are hoping to try again tonight around 5:30... He wants to catch 30 this time...

Guess 20 wasn't enough. :)

The 6th picture down... the pic of the whole spillway face...

On the right you can see the run he was fishing. There are some boulders off-picture to the right. We were standing there, he was tossing the bait against the face of the dam and letting it float down that run. as soon as it hit the still water, he was smackin em.

Kept saying "The fish think the worm is falling over the dam and floating downstream!" while laughing.

I didnt tell him how big of a deal it was to think that way. Just cool as a dad, you know.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Kept saying "The fish think the worm is falling over the dam and floating downstream!" while laughing.

I didnt tell him how big of a deal it was to think that way. Just cool as a dad, you know.
That's way cool! He's starting to think like a fish!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts