Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys gettin ready to go mexico for the honeymoon on the 17th. I've tried to google with no luck about fishing there. The lady at the travel agency told me i can book events when i get to the hotel, forget her i like to plan my stuff in advance not last second. If any one can help me i would appreciate it. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
where in mexico are you headed? whats available changes dramaticly depending on what part of mexico your in

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Been there twice, fishing boats our a little scarce in Playa. Mostly pangas and all of them only troll frozen ballyho. however most of these guys will only charge 100 to 125 fror 4 to 5 hours. A couple of large deep sea boats but you are going to pay 600 to 1000 dollars and they usually only troll frozen ballyho.. Best luck was paying a panga captain extra and he took me south to the outside of tulum area and some huge snorkle park and the fishing was some of the best in shore fishing I ever had. huge jacks and snappers on red and white plugs. Also if you have a cast net huge schools of sardines, great for chumming everything to the surface, hard to use the sardines to fish with because no one has live wells down there.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
atownbasser said:
fishing during the honeymoon! I envision a short and bitter marriage.
ATBasser, you did'nt know that H&L's wife is a professional fisherman. They met at the lake.

I know him personally for all of you, and besides not all woman are alike. Some like my wife love the outdoors. We also met on the lake . ;D

·
Registered
988 Posts
Just playin every one, enough about that subject.

I'm blessed to have someone like the outdoors as much as I do. Other wise I would'nt have gotten married yet. I still would  be lookin at Big Mac or Powell.

Everyone deserves to be happy in life, don't you agree.

Anyways, hope you have a good time in Meahico. Sorry to bust your subject.

T

·
0 Posts
I'm still trying to convert my girl before the marriage. I don't think it's going to happen.

Any advice? If it helps, I didn't meet her in/on/around the GREAT OUTDOORS.

I actually sacrifice the first spring/summer fishing the first year we hooked up. Than I flipped it on her and fished two-three a week the year after. It shocked her that I love to fish.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
id say fish hard now and if it causes a problem it will be easyer to fix before the ring is in place

and the first time she suggest you shouldnt go fishing go get totally sh1t faced and sleep with her sister when she complains just tell her you could have been fishing instead.... good luck

·
Registered
988 Posts
Man that's some funny stuff.

Just take her out with you and make sure you guys catch lots of fish. Buy her gear and tackle so she knows that it's hers. May be have a Bar-B-Que on the trip. Most importantly catch lots of fish.

F

·
0 Posts
Ive bought my wife all kinds of gear ....(usually just ends up to be my ultra light stuff) most girls do girl things and fishing isnt one of them .....there is also something to be said for going with the guys fish as hard as you can during the day and drink as hard as you can at night .....everyonce and a while I wish my wife would go fishing with me but most of the time id rather have the solitude, or a buddy I can give sh!t about not catching any fish .

T

·
0 Posts
Trust me... I've done it. Except buying her own tackle. She refuses and it will be a waste of money. She wouldn't get a fishing license. The bbq thing has been done a few times, but that won't get her to start fishing. She's a hard one. All I can do is buy her those girly mags to read while fishing(she then starts reading and talking too much) or she fools around and takes pictures of nature. Her attention span for fishing is as good as a 3 year old.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
you need to find a friend of hers (female) that likes to fish and take her fishing nothing sexual just haveing a good time fishing and it will get back to her and she might start fishing to join in as part of the gang you never know where it might lead

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LOL you guys are funny as hell. No i didnt meet her on the lake. Thanks for the info  im going to put it to use. By the way here's a tip for the help Nee Gronda is on fire.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
hope you enjoy your honeymoon and if you make it out of the room i hope you catch some fish!

T

·
0 Posts
Sorry for the topic buster.....

Congrats on the wedding if ya did get married already. Have fun.

Such a small world.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Im also heading down to Riu Vallarta (is that how you spell it...) on the 20th of this month...and i had the same problems with trying to find any fishing destinations in the area. I was hoping there would be some flyfishing in the local, but i think it looks mostly to be offshore deep sea type stuff. oh well, im sure i wont have any problems finding other things to do...

(yeah, i would normally be upset over this type thing, but im going up to Wyoming right after i get back for a few days of fishing anyways...so alls well)

T

·
0 Posts
I think it's a bunch of females that runs the online advertising for the vacations down there. Making sure it's a honeymoon or whatnot and not a fishing trip.  :D

They're trying to keep it romantic...  ;D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts