Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Looks like some kind of cichlid? Tilapia maybe?

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Here's my old pair with fry

And tthepikester is right, they're mean little bastards! Mine would attack my hand whenever I was doing work in the tank.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Here's my old pair with fry

And tthepikester is right, they're mean little bastards! Mine would attack my hand whenever I was doing work in the tank.
Nice tank! I've been thinking about getting back into breeding cichlids. They were so relaxing to zone out to..

·
Registered
443 Posts
Nice,Chaz! I used to breed convicts and Mayan cichlids. I miss having cichlids around - badass fish. :)

·
Registered
385 Posts
+1 beter than TV. I would get home from work somedays, grab a beer and pull a chair up in front of my 55gal long. Sometimes I would sit there for 1-2 hours. So relaxing.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Fk cichlids go lmb

I've been thinking about setting up a fish tank with LMB, how old is your fish what do you feed him? I own large reptiles so I have lots of rodents and such in my freezer I could get a bass giant after a few years! :cool: I haven't even checked if its legal to own native fish, is it?

·
Registered
385 Posts
I've been thinking about setting up a fish tank with LMB, how old is your fish what do you feed him? I own large reptiles so I have lots of rodents and such in my freezer I could get a bass giant after a few years! :cool: I haven't even checked if its legal to own native fish, is it?
You have to get permits and such and buy them,... like grumpy did ;). Illegal to transport live game fish so catching and taking home is a no no.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
You have to get permits and such and buy them,... like grumpy did ;). Illegal to transport live game fish so catching and taking home is a no no.
Yea I figured, does the same go for legal fish? If I were to start a tank id obviously wanna start with babies, but is it illegal to use a wild fish if its of legal size? I mean whats the difference between killing and eating a fish or just putting it in a fish tank

·
Banned
553 Posts
The issue isnt putting it in a tank. The issue is you releasing it into a different environment from which it came. Its the fact that your tank may support a different kind of bacteria and or an uncommon disease. Upon release it may have negitive effects in the body of water you release it in. With it being a single fish i dont think releasing at say chatfield would effect anything but thats the concern. I personally do not use chemicals in my tank. I dont even use carbon in my filters and i use well water. Also use hot water washed river rocks in my tank as well.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Fk cichlids go lmb

Fk LMB go with Saltwater and coral. Is that you "little" friend, he sleep with you? LMAO

The issue isnt putting it in a tank. The issue is you releasing it into a different environment from which it came. Its the fact that your tank may support a different kind of bacteria and or an uncommon disease. Upon release it may have negitive effects in the body of water you release it in. With it being a single fish i dont think releasing at say chatfield would effect anything but thats the concern. I personally do not use chemicals in my tank. I dont even use carbon in my filters and i use well water. Also use hot water washed river rocks in my tank as well.
And still illegal.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts