Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Lame Sswan.... You must be "the" paid social misfit bringing up crap like this;D

I agree with you, it would be just fine without "under God", or "under the god of your choice". After all, who's God - under the constitution...?

For me, that is the fearful part of the Tea Party, far right wing type crazoids.

Fortunately for me, I'm swamped, and don't have much time to keep tabs on stuff like this.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TAL0362 said:
Lame Sswan.... You must be "the" paid social misfit bringing up crap like this...
TALO362, I'd have thought a Minnesotan with a strong DFL heritage would have responded much more vigorously.

As you'll notice, my original post is without much in the line of editorial comment.

But you might be right. There could be much to be feared from a citizenry that prefers to be served by those they elect, rather than be reliant upon benevolent rulers.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
You posted the stupid thread...

I have to say, I didn't even know what DFR'ers were... thanks for that... Now I know, I wouldn't last long in their club either.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's DFLers. Democratic Farmers and Laborers.

And you're right, you wouldn't last long in their lodge if you couldn't get the acronym right of a major party in your home state.

As far as my stupid thread goes, thanks for your posts in it. It was good for me, as always!

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Oh, I haven't heard of them either. There wasn't all that much farming in my family tree. Yeah, born in Minnesota, lived there less than a year, still have a few relatives there. I lived in New Mexico, Michigan, Idaho, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Alaska, Nevada, and Colorado since, mostly Colorado.

Believe it or not, I've only been a "Democrat" the last couple years... Yeah, the years you have known me. It was the last Bush administration (those 4 years) that pushed me over the edge, and then now all this Tea Party, right winged Christian stuff that makes me vote blue.

I sure wish the Republican party would come back to a conservative fiscal base without the far right christian leanings, that threaten - IMO - our nations founding ideals.

·
Banned
3,879 Posts
TAL0362 said:
Oh, I haven't heard of them either. There wasn't all that much farming in my family

I sure wish the Republican party would come back to a conservative fiscal base without the far right christian leanings, that threaten - IMO - our nations founding ideals.
My sentiments exactly...

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Separation of church and state is NOT in the constitution. The first amendment protects citizens from the government intruding on religion/spirituality. In historical context, it only prohibits an official national religion, like UK had with the Church of England. There is nothing in the constitution that says the government can't acknowledge God.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
ElPasoCounty said:
TAL0362 said:
Oh, I haven't heard of them either. There wasn't all that much farming in my family

My sentiments exactly...
Couldn't agree more.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Bruce Gillis said:
I bet these good ole citizens say the pledge often....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rhjg2W7vlMc
I bet these good ole citizens want nothing to do with the pledge.... But of coarse since they are protected under the Obama wont have his administration prosecute anybody in his unions that support him that its ok right?

The right can provide just as many idiots, as you can on the left. The only difference is, we can talk down and shun the people on the right who do wrong like the guy in your video, but you people on the left can only defend people in mine.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Juststarting said:
oops forgot to put up the link! This is what I was talking about in the post before.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFeUhSlHiUQ

In addition Mr. Gillis, It has come out she got what she deserved. If I was standing there, I'd have done the same thing to her....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiLeud-sxrM&feature=player_embedded
This is a dangerous situation for our country - IMO. We the people are becoming a very polarized society - thanks in large part to radical politicians and commentators - again IMO.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TAL0362 said:
We the people are becoming a very polarized society...
That's true. Thanks in large part to the rhetoric of labeling people who disagree with policy as enemies, bigots, and racists.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
sswan said:
TAL0362 said:
That's true. Thanks in large part to the rhetoric of labeling people who disagree with policy as enemies, bigots, and racists.
Well, Sswan... I think the pledge of "allegiance" is hilarious if you want to know my gilded opinion.

Perhaps on christmas, I will pledge my allegiance to the easter bunny or some other fictitious fantasy rather than the supposed son of god.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
sswan said:
TAL0362 said:
How ironic coming from one who periodically starts these threads that have no discernible purpose other than to polarize.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
How ironic coming from one who periodically starts these threads that have no discernible purpose other than to polarize.
Has this thread polarized you?

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Friedrich Nietzsche said:
sswan said:
TAL0362 said:
Well, Sswan... I think the pledge of "allegiance" is hilarious if you want to know my gilded opinion.

Perhaps on christmas, I will pledge my allegiance to the easter bunny or some other fictitious fantasy rather than the supposed son of god.
Fred, I love it when you're sarcastic! O0

1 - 20 of 30 Posts