Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still slow but we were able to jig up eight eye's 15-18 inches. We also lost a nice catfish that we coldn't get up to the surface:mad: Water temp was 42-46 degree's today. The nets go out on the dam 3-12.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Itching to get back out there myself. Last time was a couple of weeks ago...sounds like the water temp's on the rise(37-38 degrees when I was there in the belly boat). I just got a personal pontoon and will be able to move around better than the float tube allowed to hunt the eyes. Unfortunately, I was stupid enough to answer my phone on a Friday and will be working tomorrow. Maybe Sunday I can get out there. I've still never caught a walleye on anything but a fly rod and just hope to keep getting better at it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just got home from there. Barely saw a fish on the finder let alone any bites. Beautiful day though. Always amazed at how hundreds of thousands of fish do such a great job hiding Jan-Mar.

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
a bit to soon Neal, but the quest go's on. I probably wont be out there this year, thinking of selling my boat. it's getting to much hassle and cost to much now for how little I will use it. I will still buy a license but only go as a ride along or hit a few spots from shore. might take a trip to NM in April then sell it. hate to do it after spending $5'000.00 up grading it last year then only using it 4 days all year. I will take the pressure off the eyes for you guys. so Neal go catch that big one for me, or better still let Kelly catch it

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got home from there. Barely saw a fish on the finder let alone any bites. Beautiful day though. Always amazed at how hundreds of thousands of fish do such a great job hiding Jan-Mar.
They are laying in the mud in 25-35 of water belly to the bottom. I really helps if you have down scan. Sometimes it just looks like a bump on a other wise muddy bottom. When you catch one they are very pale colored. The boat dock closes at 6 pm so I haven't fished for bigger females yet there.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Its jerkbait time!!!! I'll be back in CO in about a week, nightime is the rightime.

·
Registered
112 Posts
They are laying in the mud in 25-35 of water belly to the bottom. I really helps if you have down scan. Sometimes it just looks like a bump on a other wise muddy bottom. When you catch one they are very pale colored. The boat dock closes at 6 pm so I haven't fished for bigger females yet there.
I think I saw some of that. Gonna try again asap. Thanks for the intel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts