Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my boat out of BPS totally rerigged and got on the water at 3 pm. I spent the first two hours just syncing the new Garmin units and getting used to new Ultrex.

My only goal yesterday was to apply the Panoptix to my favorite spots and get a feel for what I was seeing. There will be a huge learning curve to this and I expect it will take a while to really master all the potential applications Panoptix is capable of! So basically I went to four areas I know like the back of my hand to view. I pulled up to each one and Spot Locked out in deep water so I could paint the area with the Panoptix signal. The first two seemed barren and I didn't waste my time there. The third spot was loaded and we caught two dozen eyes. We moved to the fourth spot and caught four more and then we started seeing fish much higher up in the water column so I started swimming my jigs just under the surface and they were small wipers. I caught five and then the spot went dead. So I went back to spot three and caught eight more eyes. So the final tally was 36 eyes and five small wipers.

Below is a short video I posted on my two FaceBook pages. It shows me spot Locked in about 20 feet of water scanning up the side of a point in shallow water. If I could post the video here I would, but for now, you can click on the link below if you are on FaceBook. Tonight I will post another short clip of the wiper showing up on Panoptix.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/139756203186809/

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Wow Panoptix! Are you sure you don't want to trade that windsail of a boat for my boat now?? 8):)

Did you learn anything new about the spots you know like the back of your hand? Initial assessment was worth it or not?

I was out on the lake yesterday afternoon as well. The other fellow said he was going to post a report later today. It was good.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow Panoptix! Are you sure you don't want to trade that windsail of a boat for my boat now?? 8):)

Did you learn anything new about the spots you know like the back of your hand? Initial assessment was worth it or not?

I was out on the lake yesterday afternoon as well. The other fellow said he was going to post a report later today. It was good.

Eventually I will be able to look into submerged timber, weed beds, under water ledges, etc. I chose the areas last night because I know them so well and just wanted to see fish. I could see it saving hours of searching every day and putting my customers where I know there are fish!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts