Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got home from the tournament, What a great four days of fishing. Kelly and I caught about 130 walleye's between the two practice days and this weekend. Fishing is just amazing right now when you find the schools.

We went thru about 30 fish to weigh 3 keepers for 7 lbs. on Saturday. It was disappointing not to be able to get thru all the shorts but a lot of fun. We also caught a dozen nice bass including an almost 4 lb large mouth. I think 18 teams weighed limits?

Today was better. we caught about 36 eye's and weighed a five fish limit for 10 lbs. Unfortunately one of mine died and we took a half pound penalty.

Donald B had a great two days weighing in a limit each day!! Weigh in each day was quite a site! It should only get better with some warm weather!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Looks like congrats are in order for you. Saw a lot of guys hitting it hard on Saturday(I didn't know there was a tourney, but found out when a boat came by me and we b.s'd a bit). I noticed a huge difference in fish location between the previous Wednesday and Saturday. Don't know if it was barometric pressure or what, but the ones I found were much deeper on Saturday. Grateful to my wife who gave me a gift certificate for our anniversary and I was able to replace my old fish finder...what a difference it makes when hunting walleyes. I don't know how often you're down there, but I can often be seen in a belly boat flingin' my fly rod. Love, love ,love catching those fish out there. I don't catch near as much fish as you guys in the boats, but it seems that my keeper to short ratio is higher than most. I was actually surprised to catch more shorts on Sat. than keepers. Don't know if you remember me, but I met you and Z-man once at Spinney(2007 according to an old post I looked at) when we were fishing by the dam. Again, congrats on the tourney and here's to wishin' you well on the next!

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
Had somebody ask me if I heard anything on a rumor they caught someone cheating?...anyone hear anything along those lines?...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts