Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My brother came to visit this week so I figured I'd treat him to 4 days of fishing. Sun/Mon went to PLO and it was slow. Water temp was 69. Kept looking for some good sized shad balls but seemed to only find small ones and they were scattered and didn't see a whole lot of eyes hanging around them. Managed to only catch a couple 15-17 and one (lake trout @14" didn't see any pink, was surprised to see that) and a couple small mouth. Caught mostly on deep cranks. Tues/Wed went to 11mile water temp was 55. Windy, Windy, Windy and weeds are still high. Almost impossible to troll so jigged a while using the drift. Managed to bring in a few bows and my brother hooked on to a nice one only to loose it at the boat but was still a thrill and we were releasing anyway. By midday had 2-2-1/2 swells with a few crashing over the bow, time to get off the lake. Wed. we got off the water about 3 and headed to Antero to shoreline off the bottom with crawlers for a while and the wind there was just as bad with murky water and a ton of weeds in the water and on shore. Didn't catch a thing. With all that we still had a great time and over a few beers came to the conclusion that all fisherman have to be optimists at heart otherwise they wouldn't/couldn't go fishing. So with today's weather cooling off and the waters following, fishing should only get better. Good luck this fall!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts