Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got to fish for fun yesterday and took Ron Beyers down for the day. Wierd day? After all this wind there was none all day. The shallow pattern I had been taking advantage of for a couple of months was completely gone. After two hours and no strikes, I decided to hit about a half dozen deeper humps and see if they had set up there. Some were there but by 2 PM we were skunked:mad: Also the deep wiper bite that has been going on for weeks was nowhere to be found. Out of desperation, I headed back up the lake to where I was in the morning and a slight breeze started. We got a dozen fish including a really fat 24" eye and a huge carp. All the fish were puking up tons of 1" shad. :eek: Water temp yesterday peaked at 48 degrees and think we have seen the last of the 50s until April. The amount of shad is just unbelievable right now!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I got to fish for fun yesterday and took Ron Beyers down for the day. Wierd day? After all this wind there was none all day. The shallow pattern I had been taking advantage of for a couple of months was completely gone. After two hours and no strikes, I decided to hit about a half dozen deeper humps and see if they had set up there. Some were there but by 2 PM we were skunked>
Also the deep wiper bite that has been going on for weeks was nowhere to be found. Out of desperation, I headed back up the lake to where I was in the morning and a slight breeze started. We got a dozen fish including a really fat 24" eye and a huge carp. All the fish were puking up tons of 1" shad.
Water temp yesterday peaked at 48 degrees and think we have seen the last of the 50s until April. The amount of shad is just unbelievable right now!!!
soufs like a tough day Neal but it did payoff for ya. Good times!

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
It was an off and on day for me too. Caught most of my fish on blade baits fished deep-over 20 ft. My bites on a tube have been just a feeling that something is different, that thump you usually get is gone on most bites. Water temps were same for me-46 in the morning and 48 when I left. Got about equal numbers of walleye and smallies.

Lake has come up about 5 ft in the last month and seems the fish are moving around alot-bluff walls and points that were good a month ago don't give up any fish now.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Thanks for the report Neal. If you struggle, we all will struggle.

I think I'm vamping it Friday night and taking the boat out on Sunday. Will post.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I saw Bill S catch a Walleye and I still don't now what he did.
Great day to be out in a Kayak.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the report Neal. If you struggle, we all will struggle.

I think I'm vamping it Friday night and taking the boat out on Sunday. Will post.
Is going to be 57 and cloudy on Saturday and that is the day I would like to be out. Sunday the weather looks shitty.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I hear you Neal - have to go to work today. :-((

I did get out last night and managed 6 with one 18 3/4" keeper. Shad were super thick and close to shore!

Given Sundays weather, I'm considering South Park instead.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hear you Neal - have to go to work today. :-((

I did get out last night and managed 6 with one 18 3/4" keeper. Shad were super thick and close to shore!

Given Sundays weather, I'm considering South Park instead.
I was going to fish today but I forgot that the Chiefs and Chargers are playing today.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts