Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
He casts nicely... I would like to put together a video of a couple guys on this site casting a fly rod. Truly a thing of beauty. Watching Pescadodiablo roll cast from the front of raft, Sorelips chucking lasers that land soft within inches of the shoreline and Falling apart getting into his backing with a 4 wt come to mind. There are others as well that really can cast. Pescado is now fishing spey rods almost exclusively but I have yet to see him cast one. I am sure it's sweet. Watching him roll cast on the front of my raft was something I will never forget. SUPER soft presentation in perfect locations with so little effort.

·
Registered
225 Posts
the music had me wishing for a Dr. Who marathon...what was that?

He casts pretty well, however to get a nickname like Mr. Loop, he would need to clean up the timing a lot. He has a nice side arm, Belgium Cast, that he uses a lot

Belgian Cast

Put quite simply this cast is a side cast in the back cast, followed by an overhead cast in the forward. It is very useful for (a) acquiring distance very quickly (b) keeping flies apart on a multi-fly leader and (c) casting with the wind.

A couple weeks working with Pescado would help him a bunch

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I didn't wanna say it! ROFL

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The translation under the video reads...

Videos poetic explanation of the launch in fly fishing.
The aim is to disprove, confirm or maybe upset the theories of the various schools of thought and return to the true essence of the launch itself: simplicity and functionality.

I'm no expert but he must be pretty good..he's a member of the Italian fly fishing team and has been competing in the world championship games every year since 2011. They took first in 2011..2nd in 2012 and 2013.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I am no expert either.. but he seemed early on a lot of those casts... perhaps that is what he means by disproving theories... can be early and still make good casts.

I prefer this kind of grace... dude is never early and looks as if he is giving little to no effort.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9LaVI_80ZA

·
Registered
434 Posts
I am no expert either.. but he seemed early on a lot of those casts... perhaps that is what he means by disproving theories... can be early and still make good casts.

I prefer this kind of grace... dude is never early and looks as if he is giving little to no effort.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9LaVI_80ZA
Dayum! It looks like he barely moves his arm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts