1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In Boulder, Colo.--check Boulder Craigslist ad for photos
$800

1994 Polaris Indy Sport SKS snowmobile.
SKS stands for Snow King Special; a trail and off-trail sled.
In great shape--clean inside and out.
Has reliable Fuji 440 engine and standard trail track (15x133.5).
Ready to tour, work, or go ice fishing.

Sitting in storage for awhile, but gas and oil tanks were drained and cleaned out.
Engine starts and runs fine, but I suggest a tune-up for the best performance.
I just cleaned the carbs and replaced the fuel filter.
Two pieces of fuel line need replaced: inside tank and in between tank and new filter.

Comes with windshield (not shown in photo), spare drive belt, spare spark plugs, and original tool kit in onboard tool case.

A LOT of these sleds were sold and these engines have been around for a long time so parts are easy to find, if you need them in the future.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Here's one of my buddy's post on Polaris:

I bought a nice 1997 Polaris xlt snowmobile years ago and after a year the thing blew the center rod and piston,had it fixed which cost big time.it did the same thing 2 months later.they are known to do that.then last year I bought my wifes grandfathers low mile 1996 Polaris xplorer 400 atv.i changed all the fluids everything was fine and being a 2 stroke 4x4 it had some balls.well I started it up 1 day to let it warm up and I went to get on it and it seized up.no problem ive built many 2 strokes.it took me 2 days to wrestle the engine out and I took the cylinder off and it wasn't all that bad till I flipped the engine over and the piston pieces blew a 5 inch hole in the engine block making it totaled.got online and it seems Polaris used cheap cast piston and they are known to crack off the piston skirts.there is even a youtube video of a guy tapping a Polaris piston with a mallet and it shatters like glass.did the same thing with a wiesco piston and it did nothing.anyhow I will never buy a Polaris again regardless off the price.oh yeah I put 17 miles on the odometer on the pos Polaris xplorer 400 and the machine only had 1800 miles on it.im still selling parts on ebay.

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
Damn Blowfin, I thought I was hard on these crap deals! You da MAN!:hail:

Haha-That's just BRUTAL--

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Yeah, these are known to be good machines for ice fishing, a lot of us have had them. This one may be overpriced.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
not going to get premium price on snowmobile going into spring in a low snow year. $600 this time of year would be high, if you could even find anybody interested. had many a polaris 440 fan cooled, bullet proof fuji engine. had a explorer atv also, big POS. chain drive, funky troublesome front hubs, rode down the trail like a cadialc though!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts