Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
you listening to them so you know when they are coming for you?

I have alot of (redneck) relatives that live in small towns and they have them on 24/7 so they have something to gossip about since everyone knows everyone there.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I listned to one on live365.com for a while that was mainly denver fire and denver ems. Every now and then I'd hear police. I don't listen to it much anymore unless I hear a lot of sirens go by or something. I wish I could listen to aurora. How 'bout you?

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do wish I could listen to Aurora. As a matter of fact it should be my right as a tax payer to be able to listen. Seeing how those radios are bought from taxpayer money that should give me the right. More goverment BS.

Denver is pretty exciting though. Was listening to a sting the other night that was pretty good.

-Jay

·
Registered
133 Posts
OKAY, so I lived in one of those little towns where everone has a scanner. I was home on leave from the AF and had the fortunate opportunity to "run out of gas" with my girlfriend. While we were staying busy waiting for the gas to return to the tank a car pulls up behind us and it is the county sheriff to the rescue...jeez - just my luck! Anyway the next day my buddies dad asks me if I got a ticket for speeding or something - I'm like what the &%#*. He told me he heard the call on the scanner when the plates got ran and my dads name came up as registered owner and he figured I had borrowed the car while home. Little towns - gotta love em.

·
Registered
27 Posts
auroura only skips and flips, the channels are not scrambled they auto rotate through the trunking towers.

trust me i know.

look around the internet and hear them you can....

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your wrong bro! You can hear fire and EMS and sometimes the police side, NOT Dispatch. They use Provoice

-Jay

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Back when I used to run ambulance in Aurora they used a 800 millihertz trunked system. Not a scrambling system but you had to have all the programming right on your radio or you got nothing. I don't know if they are still on the same system or not.

I do know that they dislike having their communictions scanned and that is why they went with the trunked system back then. The only UHF or VHF that they maintained was emergency backup systems and its been probably 8 years since I worked that sytem so they may not have them any longer.

Dan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts