Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

A point for each true "yes" answer, if you . . .

  • ... have ever lost 25 lbs. or more.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ... have introduced a young'un to s'mores around the campfire.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ... have ever built a deck.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ... been within 75 yards of a bear in the wild.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ... have ever shoveled snow for a neighbor w/o being asked.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ... have made a kid who caught a fish feel special.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ... can name at least two great heavyweight boxers from the 1970's.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ... have used a lathe on wood or metal before.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ... have climbed a fourteener.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ... have taken someone of the opposite political persuasion fishing and had a great time (thanks aga

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,554 Posts
Got me 7

I never care to ask someone their political standpoint before fishing so I have no idea on that one. Who would? ???

I haven't ever climbed a 14er but would love to.

Never built a deck but have sanded and stained mine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,273 Posts
I answered 7. Not sure what losing 25lbs or more has to do with anything, But does it count that I lose 25 lbs roughly every 25th day? Roughly 1lb each morning? :D Agreed with Riv. I'm sure I have fished with someone goofy in the political world, but never seemed to care to ask!



Jim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,422 Posts
You forgot to add, Gained 25 pounds lifting weights......to be fair to the skinny pricks who gained it the right way then never maintained it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rivrunnr1 said:
I never care to ask someone their political standpoint before fishing so I have no idea on that one.
But you knew mine and you invited me (smile).

baetisrun1 said:
Not sure what losing 25lbs or more has to do with anything ...
Just that it's pretty hard (& then to keep it off).

BTW, Jim, just curious -- why do you 'sign' every post you make?

Koldkut said:
You forgot to add, Gained 25 pounds lifting weights......to be fair to those who gained it the right way then never maintained it.
You'll laugh, but I actually thought of you when I typed that one. Just figured since it applies to most of us I'd toss it in for fun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,554 Posts
Hop said:
Rivrunnr1 said:
I never care to ask someone their political standpoint before fishing so I have no idea on that one.
But you knew mine and you invited me (smile).
That's because I don't care about that crap. I am not exactly a big lib either. The right is just easier to make fun of because they are so scared IMO. But I make fun of the left as well. >:D >:D

Hop said:
Koldkut said:
You forgot to add, Gained 25 pounds lifting weights......to be fair to those who gained it the right way then never maintained it.
You'll laugh, but I actually thought of you when I typed that one. Just figured since it applies to most of us I'd toss it in for fun.
Did I miss that one? I don't remember seeing anything in your poll about being a nascar loving homo! ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,651 Posts
Got 7. Fished with someone with a diametrically different political view, but it was an unplanned chance meeting (and a great fishing trip). Invited some members on here a few times, but haven't been able to close the deal yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,877 Posts
Ha ha! I fish with guys with diametrically opposed political views almost every time I hit the water. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,277 Posts
I have done all but climb the 14er. Just a few years back I was outweighing most of the Broncos offensive linemen and was able to trim that down to just under 250#'s. Unfortunately I reinjured my back and put 20#'s back on faster than you can say, "couch potato". I have a long road ahead of me to get back where I was in late august but was surprised that I have peeled off 10 of those pounds I regained already. Due to medical issues I will never be thin but my goal is to get to between 210 and 225.

I have fished with people of different political perssuasions and its funny if you take two people from opposite ends of the spectrum and put them in a non-threatening enviroment quickly real compromises are made and accepted. Next senate session should be held fishing the Potomac and fishing buddies need to be mixed groups. We might then have progress, at least we might have open dialogue.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
I fish with guys with diametrically opposed political views almost every time I hit the water.
You just need to invite ...




joke (I think)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,877 Posts
Who's that? Barbara Boxer? As ElPaso County put it so eloquently the other night~

"Hey, I'd hit that."

:D :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
Who's that? Barbara Boxer? As ElPaso County put it so eloquently the other night~

"Hey, I'd hit that."

:D :D :D

Ok, this thread is officially trashed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,651 Posts
Iron_Mammoth said:
Next senate session should be held fishing the Potomac and fishing buddies need to be mixed groups. We might then have progress, at least we might have open dialogue.
Neither me nor my 401K want that. We both want divided government and gridlock. Did you happen to see what the stock market did today?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,684 Posts
... have ever lost 25 lbs. or more.
(If I lost 25lbs I'd be down to around 120lbs LOL And i Def. don't wanna get blown away by the wind while ice fishing!!)
... have introduced a young'un to s'mores around the campfire.
(Oh yeah :) Have had smores with both my Boys a few times.)
... have ever built a deck.
(Nope, helped my dad build a house, and did electrical in 100+ houses.. but never built a deck)
... been within 75 yards of a bear in the wild.
(Never even seen a bear in the wild... Maybe i have been within 75 yards and never knew it :/ LOL )
... have ever shoveled snow for a neighbor w/o being asked.
(Nope, and dont intend to with the neighbors i have!! LOL)
... have made a kid who caught a fish feel special.
(I love fishing with my boys.. and when they catch a fish it IS special!! So that's an easy one for me :) )
... can name at least two great heavyweight boxers from the 1970's.
(70's ?? Maybe if I asked Google)
... have used a lathe on wood or metal before.
(Yeah :) Took woodshop in High School all 4 years :) )
... have climbed a fourteener.
(Not that i know of.. And i'm guessing i'd know if I had)
... have taken someone of the opposite political persuasion fishing and had a great time (thanks again, Don).
(I dont have political views... so i guess I have been fishing with people who do have political views.. does that count?)
 

·
P I K E
Joined
·
10,084 Posts
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
Ha ha! I fish with guys with diametrically opposed political views almost every time I hit the water. :D
Even I took Don fishin, I made him stay on the left while I stayed on the right of my boat!!! ::) ;D

I got 7, would have gotten 8 if you reversed the "lost 25 lbs." ;)

Not to sidetrack your thread Hop but when I read the built a deck...made me think of this skit. Funniest skit I think I can remember!!! Love it!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ7Ue5emo6I
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top