Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

What's the biggest walleye you've caught in 2011 to date? (17.9" counts as 17" for this p

• 15" or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 16"

• 17"

• 18"

• 19"

• 20"

• 21"

• 22"

• 23"

• 24"

• 25"

• 26"

• 27"

• 29"

• 30"

• 31"

• 32"

• 33"

• 34"

• Skunked!

• Hadn't fished for eyes yet.

• Don't like eye fishing.

POLL: What's the biggest walleye you've caught so far this year?

3K views 33 replies 15 participants last post by  fishaholic 
#1 ·
Cast your vote & post pics too if you'd like.

#2 ·
I've been too busy fishing for other species. I am surprised how well the other species are biting this early. Normally at this point in the year, I am forced to fish for walleye, not so much this year! lol

Only caught maybe a dozen this year. Biggest maybe 17" or so.

#13 ·
Rivrunnr1 said:
I've been too busy fishing for other species. I am surprised how well the other species are biting this early. Normally at this point in the year, I am forced to fish for walleye, not so much this year! lol

Only caught maybe a dozen this year. Biggest maybe 17" or so.
What she said! Although I have only caught a few. Why eye fish when you can catch "real" fish! >:D :D ;)

#23 ·
solesearcher34 said:
Neal/CO said:
FISHAH0LIC said:
Until we see proof of these 33 inchers & over you guys are just messing with the #'s!
No doubt!!
As always this quote comes to mind..."this report means nothing without pictures". :D Oh and yeah...you need to have a replica made of that beauty above!!!! Sick fish once again Neal!!!
I guarantee not one picture can be provided of a 34" EYE!!!!! Yet we have three caught so far ::) Fish that large are extremely rare!!

#25 ·
FISHAH0LIC said:
So why do two of you not like eye fishing?
In no particular order ~

1. I prefer a more visual fishing experience. I want to see the hit, not just feel it. That's not usually the case at night.
2. I prefer a fish that fights better, pound for pound. Even a big walleye doesn't do that much for me.
3. Insofar as trolling for them is sometimes the most effective presentation for big fish, it's boring.
4. As a species, walleyes just don't intrigue me like other species do.
5. Overall, walleye fishing just doesn't excite me. It's something to do (a) when I can't go chase my preferred species; (b) when I want a fresh walleye dinner; or (c) when I want to fish with friends who do like chasing them.

#26 ·
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
FISHAH0LIC said:
So why do two of you not like eye fishing?
In no particular order ~

1. I prefer a more visual fishing experience. I want to see the hit, not just feel it. That's not usually the case at night.
2. I prefer a fish that fights better, pound for pound. Even a big walleye doesn't do that much for me.
3. Insofar as trolling for them is sometimes the most effective presentation for big fish, it's boring.
4. As a species, walleyes just don't intrigue me like other species do.
5. Overall, walleye fishing just doesn't excite me. It's something to do (a) when I can't go chase my preferred species; (b) when I want a fresh walleye dinner; or (c) when I want to fish with friends who do like chasing them.
interesting... thanks for sharing buddy :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.