Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

· Registered
94 Posts
Why do guys who fish for cats all stink like the worst smelling crap in the world?...............Oh yeah........I forgot what's on their fingers when they are eating their shore lunch and copenhagen dips. Smell on fellas. Leave the wipers, walleye and smallmouth to those of us who have freinds with noses or jobs that requires us to meet with people who have noses.

· Registered
497 Posts
I have little rubber scent holders that hook to a treble hook. Put the bait or scent inside of it. If a cat finds it they will pick it up and taste it. When they pick it up the force some of the bait out and the scent. they try to swallow and the treble hook comes in. I have used cheap hooks and bait in panty hose mostly. Seems to work best and i have never had a problem setting the hook. (Knock on wood). I will try it and tell you if the stuff i have works. But still good job. If anyone heads out there this weekend hopefully you will find my there. I will be the teen in a lawn chair with bells on my poles. Is there a limit at teh fairgrounds?

· Registered
2,057 Posts
Sounds like that rig will work might try it next time. What was the name of the bait? Is it made by powerbait?

Also How did you do this weekend?
hunterfishercamper said:
I have little rubber scent holders that hook to a treble hook. Put the bait or scent inside of it. If a cat finds it they will pick it up and taste it. When they pick it up the force some of the bait out and the scent. they try to swallow and the treble hook comes in. I have used cheap hooks and bait in panty hose mostly. Seems to work best and i have never had a problem setting the hook. (Knock on wood). I will try it and tell you if the stuff i have works. But still good job. If anyone heads out there this weekend hopefully you will find my there. I will be the teen in a lawn chair with bells on my poles. Is there a limit at teh fairgrounds?

· Registered
2,057 Posts
Coon1967,

From evergreen go straight down I-70 and stay in the left lane as you pass kipling st because the left lane of I-70 (fast lane) merges into I-76 take that past 1-25 headed Northeast. Stay in the left lane after you pass 88th avenue (Mile High Flee Market) because the left lane of I-76 (fast lane) merges into Colorado Highway 85 take that headed towards the city of Brighton. Turn Left headed back west on 120th Avenue and go about 3 miles. Follow the signs to Adams County Fairgrounds. You will see the lake just north of 120th Avenue. Walk around to the bridge (look at my reply with map for best spots). We fished to the west of the bridge and it was non stop all night....Good Fishing to you if you go. Post your report after...

By the way your other reply to evergreen lake states that you have caught 30 under the bridge at Evergreen lake: What species of fish? Brown Trout, Rainbows, Cutthroats, or Muskies. What bridge? One of the bridges on the north side or the bride on the south side of the lake?

· Registered
82 Posts
Thanks for your help. There are brookies, browns and stocked rainbows. All three can be caught under the Entrance Bridge. When you enter there will be a small parking areaabout 50 yards up the road on the left side. Park and walk back over the bridge and fish on the left side and cast under the bridge. They lay under the to stay cool. use worms

41 - 53 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.