Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Pond at Florence, CO

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  roadkill 
Thats the ones next to the river. There used to be a sign along 115 pointing to it but they covered it up last year for some reason. Its still there but covered. I have seen people fishing there and some where swimming a few days ago. They where gravel pits. They should be fairly deep if they are anything like the one they are digging out of right now. I just guess Ill call around and see what I can find out about them.

okay just got off the phone and this is what I have found out.
They are open to the public, the signes are covered because they where ordered too soon and not all of the stuff is there yet that the signes show.
The south pond was stocked last year with warm water fish. The north pond was not stocked but he said people have been putting fish in there from the other pond and from the river.
There is also some property south of the river that is part of the area also. 460 some acres total.
Now I need to get over there and give it a try. The only thing is since it was just stocked last year not sure how bit the fish will be yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.