Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if you can fish the pond just off of 1-25 on the extreme western side of Windsor? It looks nice, but it is right next to a housing development. Driving by it, I've never seen any postings to keep out and it does not have any sort of enclosure around it.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No. There is only one and it is rather large. You can't miss it. It is on top of the hill just before I-25 probably 2 or 3 miles after you've left Windsor heading west. Good looking water, never seen anyone fish it, but I've only gone past it maybe 4 times in 6 years of living in the area!

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
Was just joking around. There is a newer housing development on Hwy 13 as you go out of Windsor that has a pond along the road, may be the one you are talking about. Not sure if it is private or not. There are private ponds around a lot of those newer developments in Windsor, best to find out before pissing folks off.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. Sounds like the same one. It sits right along the road on the left side as you are approaching the interstate. Looks too nice not to be off limits if you know what I mean!!

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
There are some good ponds in Ft. Collins built into developments that are public. Me and my son have some good days on neighborhood ponds.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is exactly what I try to find around here (Greeley) and I have found a few. Problem is that they can run almost dry, or like this year winterkill has hurt them. Plus, we just don't have the numbers of them here like you find elsewhere. I love them because hardly anyone fishes them and they seem to always produce something, sometimes the fish can run rather large, an added bonus!! ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts