Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Pond off I-25 windsor

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  fishfreak1980 
#1 ·
Anyone know if you can fish the pond just off of 1-25 on the extreme western side of Windsor? It looks nice, but it is right next to a housing development. Driving by it, I've never seen any postings to keep out and it does not have any sort of enclosure around it.

#4 ·
No. There is only one and it is rather large. You can't miss it. It is on top of the hill just before I-25 probably 2 or 3 miles after you've left Windsor heading west. Good looking water, never seen anyone fish it, but I've only gone past it maybe 4 times in 6 years of living in the area!

#8 ·
Was just joking around. There is a newer housing development on Hwy 13 as you go out of Windsor that has a pond along the road, may be the one you are talking about. Not sure if it is private or not. There are private ponds around a lot of those newer developments in Windsor, best to find out before pissing folks off.

#11 ·
That is exactly what I try to find around here (Greeley) and I have found a few. Problem is that they can run almost dry, or like this year winterkill has hurt them. Plus, we just don't have the numbers of them here like you find elsewhere. I love them because hardly anyone fishes them and they seem to always produce something, sometimes the fish can run rather large, an added bonus!! ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.