Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever fished that pond by the railroad tracks between 136 colo and washington last year i caught some largemouth crappie perch and was wondering if anyones fished it

B

·
0 Posts
By the baseball fields? fished once about 10 years ago. Never caught anything

F

·
0 Posts
i used to fish it all the time before all those house's were built there was some huge bass in there i think the biggest i managed to pull out was around 6lbs but heard of bigger ...big fish for a tiny pond ...i think the reason i quit fishing it is i saw how low it was a couple of years ago and figured all the fish died...did the bass have any size

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes the bass i caught last summer were about 5 pounds i caught them on senkos i never knew there were crappie in there i caught several over 10 inches the past couples years the waters been all the way up and i drove by the other day and there was fishing jumping everywhere and yes its on 136th york

F

·
0 Posts
catfish over 500 memebers keep the special local lakes on the downlow

T

·
0 Posts
fishinguitars said:
catfish over 500 memebers keep the special local lakes on the downlow
I know Catfishking- Jk

I wish we can share that information with everyone....

Keeping a few to eat would be alright-

But some people think that filling up their freezer is what fishing is about. Half of those fish that were kept probably goes to waste.

I knew a couple of those OVER-HARVESTING FISHERMEN threw away majority of the fish because it was too old to eat or got freezer burned.

I'm in it for the sport and occasionally to eat...

F

·
0 Posts
i love eatting fish but dont like to take away from small ponds .....if im fishing for walleye or trout in a big res . I'll take a few of them home and grill them up ....but for little ponds I let everything go .

·
Registered
943 Posts
hey fishing guitars i agree the big lakes can handle it but the litle ones can not

T

·
0 Posts
fishinguitars said:
i love eatting fish but dont like to take away from small ponds .....if im fishing for walleye or trout in a big res . I'll take a few of them home and grill them up ....but for little ponds I let everything go .
True that! I guess majority of us fish small ponds(close to home) for fun. Same here. I don't think I've ever kept fish from a small pond (except for crappie from Jim Baker).

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have a buddy that lives in that subdivision. There are 5 or 6 homes that back up right ot that lake. I want him to go down there and bring 'em a cassarole or something as a peace offering maybe a bottle of the Judge would do the trick. It looks like a prefect size back-yard pond.

·
Registered
862 Posts
fishinguitars said:
Im am the same way all the backyard ponds around here in the metro area are not for harvesting fish those r just for fun but yes i do keep fish on some occasions from larger reservoirs and lakes & such.... I love to eat walleye and trout and also am gonna go try snagging for the first time this yr at 11 mile we will see how it goes anyone here been snagging before?

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i;ve snagged salmon at elevenmile the last 2 years last year it sucked i didnt see anyone with any so i went to taylor and knocked them out but expect this year to be good at elevenmile i;ve caught salmon there this year from shore so i think it will be like 2 years ago

1 - 14 of 14 Posts