Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went to the pond by my house where my buddy lost that decent saugeye and I got the bass. I floated it for a while and didn't get anything. After coming in and putting some stuff in the car, I worked the shore a bit. Finally stuck a saugeye there for myself. This place is literally ten minutes from my house. It's pretty sweet...hopefully I can get some wiper there now, too.

P.S. That's the lucky craft pointer minnow 100 in crack.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Nice work Whomp! The funny thing about saugeye's is they feed shallow, often, and they do it at high noon on a regular basis. That is the sauger in em, they love shallow structure and reside in wood choked rivers in most states.

I've caught some big eyes in shallow water at high noon but none as frequent as saugeyes.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Nice work Whomp! The funny thing about saugeye's is they feed shallow, often, and they do it at high noon on a regular basis. That is the sauger in em, they love shallow structure and reside in wood choked rivers in most states.

I've caught some big eyes in shallow water at high noon but none as frequent as saugeyes.
That's pretty cool. I like em. The only time I've gotten walleye during th day in shallow water was in a storm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts