Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
P I K E
10,163 Posts
Right on Eric...Thank you!!! :thumb::thumb::thumb: Great write up...again!!!

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
Welp...

This is gonna be my entertainment on this Friday night....

Where's my popcorn? Anyone wanna run a betting pool on how long/what time it will be when the first "it's my legal right..." Member pops up on here to bash?

·
P I K E
10,163 Posts
I'll bet ya...not going to happen!!! :biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
For real, took the words outta my mouth Eric!

It's like that everywhere now. I can't get straight answers from anyone on fishing notebook or nefga anymore because even sparsely pressured lakes get beat up too much.

I'm at the point where I like to "pay to play" or I just wanna figure out the local holes. Most license holders are absent minded about other species besides trout.

·
Registered
54 Posts
In Florida I was on a 60 ft sport fish that almost swamped a small boat because it was following him from spot to spot. The guy was pissed and got on the radio to complain about almost being sunk. To this the captain replied “You’re lucky you only got a little water in your boat because I was trying to run your ass over. I won’t miss next time if you keep following me”. Some might say that the ocean is huge so what’s the big deal. Like a lot of other captains in that area he paid a lot of money to have private reefs made and deployed so they always have good spots for their customers to fish. Unlike Florida we can’t just go around digging new ponds and lakes wherever we want. Like Florida you have the problem with people who take their full limit and sometimes over. I’ve also noticed that some people go fishing every weekend and take home their limit. I’m sure there’s quite a few people that have more than the allowed possession limit filling their freezers. If this continues we won’t have anything left to fish for.

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
I’ve also noticed that some people go fishing every weekend and take home their limit. I’m sure there’s quite a few people that have more than the allowed possession limit filling their freezers. If this continues we won’t have anything left to fish for.
THIS.

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
Dude I seriously hate people.

Responses like what I seen on other forums when it comes to this link, are the reason why I wish fishing had a 1%er type of culture when it came to solidarity to protecting fisheries.. and keeping the small lakes from being put on total blast.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Great article, this forum has helped immensely with regard to becoming a better fisherman and that was not a result of being spoon fed information.

What is unfortunate is when I go out, I want to do a report with some of the cool pictures I take during the outing, yet I don't for fear someone might recognize it and call it out. Keep in mind I'm talking specifically about some of my favorite places, places I love because I rarely see anyone else.

I'm not quite to the point of tin foil hats, lead lined underwear and digging a bomb shelter but the other day I was in one of my favorite spots and saw 4 fisherman throughout the day. This, in an area where I had yet to see ANYONE over the course of the last year and a half....makes me wonder if it had received some internet notoriety recently...

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
Great article, this forum has helped immensely with regard to becoming a better fisherman and that was not a result of being spoon fed information.

What is unfortunate is when I go out, I want to do a report with some of the cool pictures I take during the outing, yet I don't for fear someone might recognize it and call it out. Keep in mind I'm talking specifically about some of my favorite places, places I love because I rarely see anyone else.

I'm not quite to the point of tin foil hats, lead lined underwear and digging a bomb shelter but the other day I was in one of my favorite spots and saw 4 fisherman throughout the day. This, in an area where I had yet to see ANYONE over the course of the last year and a half....makes me wonder if it had received some internet notoriety recently...
Black out the background with photoshop.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Dude I seriously hate people.

Responses like what I seen on other forums when it comes to this link, are the reason why I wish fishing had a 1%er type of culture when it came to solidarity to protecting fisheries.. and keeping the small lakes from being put on total blast.
One of the main reasons I wanna move out of Colorado, so many damn fisherman. 90% of which don't know what the hell they are really doing. I see fishing videos online from down south of guys fishing ponds with AMAZING fishing and not a person in sight. I go to a randy ass pond here that's lucky to put out 2lb bass and there will be 5 other guys there. Sucks. Especially because fishing is something I do to get away from people. I want to live somewhere that I'm lucky to see 30 people a week. Some guys on the other side are a absolute joke. That "it's my right" bs needs to stop

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
Hate to tell ya...

But you'll find a much higher quota of fishermen down south than here. In the south and Midwest, fishing is a very prevalent part of the culture.

The reason why the fishing is better is because of more water and management geared towards the species there. Colorado is a trout state. Everything else is secondary.

And even in those states... The Skilled fishermen are just as tight lipped as they are here.

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
You want solitude, lol...

I'd go move to Maine or Montana...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts