Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been watching this site for sometime.You look like a bunch of guys like me. Just wanting to enjoy life fishing.The reason I joined is because I solved my pontoon boat mobility by removing the pulley from the anchor mount & cutting a block of steel the same width as the inside of the bracket & a 1/2" longer.I then welded it to an old 20" bike fork,drilled a hole in the side to put a clevis pin to hold it in the bracket.This makes the boat a rickshaw to be controled by the foot rest as handles.You can load all your gear,lunch & jacket in an ice chest strapped to the rear deck.The big advantages the pontoon boat has over tubes is mobility in the wind,you don't set in cold water getting wet & having cramps.You canuse it in any pond that allows float tubes.They also handle rough water at Chatfield on weekends.I hope to get my boat assembled soon & I'll try to post pictures.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hey Bud,

Since my wife doesn't let me play with scissors, or use anything with an open flame or arcs electricy I had to do a similar thing with U-bolts and a piece of 3/4 plywood. Your's sounds like a MUCH better setup. If I'm going over a lot of bumps the u-bolts tend to rotate about the pontoon tubing and the steering tube for the bike wheel also tends to wiggle a bit more than I'd like. I'm going to have to make some adjustments before I'm completely happy.

But over all it works great to get back to those ponds that would be too far to carry.

I'll probably see you around Chatfield sometime.

Jeff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts