Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tthepikester,

I intended to send this to you by way of an email but couldn't determine how to attach a photo to the message so I'm trying to reach you through this thread.

I have figured out a way to transport my pontoon boat using my bike rack. I attached a photo for you. The cross member is a scrap piece of wood used for demo. The openings in the side of my pontoons are 4" in diameter so this means a 4"X" will either fit very nicely or may require sanding on the edges. I will come up with a way to hold the toons in place on the cross member then determine a way to secure the bottoms.

Ideally, I want to find a way to attach them to my FJ Cruiser rear door so I can open the door without removing the toons. What do you think?

Attachments

·
P I K E
10,116 Posts
Looks great bud! To secure the bottom now use suction cup hangers and a ratchet strap. The suction cup hangers can be had from Camping World, I use them on my 5th wheel generator exhaust and work great. One question, instead of a 4x will your bike rack hold a 4" round PVC tube? If so I have a chunk about 4 feet long you can have, might be better since it's round.
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/gen-turi-generator-exhaust-anchors/81953

http://www.harborfreight.com/set-of-4-6-ft-x-1-inch-combo-tie-downs-47727.html

Good job!!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
T,

Yes, I think the round PVC will be better and yes, it will fit on the bike rack but in order for it to fit, I'll have to buy longer bolts but that should be no problem. I'm not sure just how you want me to use the suction cups but you can show me when I come to pick up the PVC and thanks for the offer of the PVC. I will contact you later to make arrangements for the PVC. It will likely be sometime next week.

I have plenty of the tie down straps.

·
P I K E
10,116 Posts
Sounds good, just PM me or email when you want to get together. The suction cups go on the back of your vehicle then strap the pontoon to them to keep it secured from swinging back and forth, bouncing off the back of your FJ.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts