Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anyone has any experience with these? I can't find any feedback on the thing, any info would be helpful. Thanks

·
Registered
5,192 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't want to run out of juice and it seems that a gas motor is cheaper and lighter than that battery. I would just use it to get to the other side of the lake, I really don't have any experence with electric motors.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
I was clocked at 11 mph with the 2.2. I also had my float power battery box mounted on the front of my toon which held both my battery and electric motor.. So, I had both gas and electric. The only problem with that setup was that I was inches away from being a submersible.

You can see in the pic where I've rigged up a hand control steering lever for the outboard...I just use it for the electric now.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey, hobiecat does that mean that you don't use the gas motor anymore? should I go with an electric? I saw a gas 2.0 that weighs 18 lbs.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
oldjim said:
hey, hobiecat does that mean that you don't use the gas motor anymore? should I go with an electric? I saw a gas 2.0 that weighs 18 lbs.
I just use an electric now. The gas motor was kind of a kick...but I really only needed the electric...and it has reverse. It's nice to keep your lines in front of you when strolling. I run two Trojan batteries and could stay out twenty hours if I wanted to do so....or two ten hour days without charging providing you're running on speeds 1 through 3...4 and 5 will chew through a battery in a couple of hours.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts