Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys. I recently bought a 9 ft. personal pontoon boat and a 45 lb. Minn Kota Endura off craigslist for a good price. My questions are, I have an everstart maxx 29dc deep cycle battery on my full size boat I'm thinking about transferring over to the pontoon instead of buying a new battery. It Weighs 60 lbs. does anyone else run this heavy of a battery on their pontoon? Is this too heavy of a battery?. I weigh 200 lbs. and max capacity of my pontoon is 400lbs. so I'm not really concerned about sinking it, but I am concerned about weight distribution. Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you put the motor AND battery behind the seat, the bow may be out of the water and you may submerge the battery. I've seen some pontoons on YouTube (Colorado XT pontoon) where the motor was mounted at foot level to more evenly distribute the weight.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I've seen those videos, thought it was a cool idea but im not sure how much it would interfere with landing fish and getting in and out of the pontoon.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I had a 9 foot personal pontoon boat also and minn kota endura. I bought a costco battery to use. Anyways you should be able to adjust the platform slightly forward to balance it so that the front is not sticking up in the air.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts