Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to sell my motorcycle and get a pontoon with some basic electronics. I've been doing some research and have been looking at what's available but I'd like some input from the experienced toon guys here. I'm not looking to get a crazy toon but I don't want something cheap either. I'm thinking $4-500could get me a decent mid-range pontoon and then maybe a few hundred dollars more for a basic fishfinder? Any good recommendations or products I should stay away from? Pretty much any toon can be equipped with electronics, right?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Go with a 20 footer. Don't be a cheater and ditch the fish finder.

But you might want to check this one out.

http://denver.craigslist.org/spo/4936950303.html

Just saw it on craigslist the other day and it looks like he stil has it. Looks like a great frame with motor mount. Quality oar locks and a real seat to sit on. With a trolling motor included for 300, how could you go wrong.

·
Registered
902 Posts
There was a guy at wellington kayak tourney in a belly boat that looked like a regular blow up boat. Except dude could really move just by kicking. I swore he was cheating with a motor so I went and checked him out. Motor mounts were empty.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I can't find the thread at the moment, but I know there was a very informative thread within the past year or 2 about this

·
P I K E
10,112 Posts

·
Registered
11,176 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sold both of my Hobies but have a Venture for sale. I believe I like them better than a Hobie. You sit higher, nice padded seat, and tons of storage in the pontoons. Parts are available from mfg. I would like to get $350 for it. Sells new at Walmart for $549. Anyone interested give me a shout. 970 622 8648

1 - 10 of 10 Posts