Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At least where I have been this weekend. Caught a decent fish earlier in the week that still seemed to have eggs. Got my ass kicked for six hours last night:mad: Had a much better night tonight. It has been tough so far!

I ended up with six decent Eye's tonight plus a bonus smallie. I caught a 7 lber that was completely spawned out! No wonder she was hungry!

Attachments

·
P I K E
10,163 Posts
Really nice Neal!!! Vamp shift eyes!!!!

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Still haven't gotten myself motivated to do the night thing, I guess I'm just scared :eek:
Way to go! That eye in the 2nd pic does look thin, time to put on the feed bag for some.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still haven't gotten myself motivated to do the night thing, I guess I'm just scared :eek:
Way to go! That eye in the 2nd pic does look thin, time to put on the feed bag for some.
She was really weak from the spawn. She almost died. It took about ten minutes to revive her, but she did finally swim off.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
They are spawning where I fish. I think I know where those sticks in ghe background are. Took me a while to put 1 + 1 together. :D

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
What are you scared of? Creepy creatures in the dark? :D

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They are spawning where I fish. I think I know where those sticks in ghe background are. Took me a while to put 1 + 1 together. :D
I have changed my haunts in the last two years! There are sticks everywhere;D There are still some big girls spawning in the current, but they won't bite right now!

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
There are sticks everywhere;D
True, true. There aren't a lot of sticks where I fish. Mostly rocks. Prolly why we have never crossed paths. ;D

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have really struggled this spring! Last night was the first night I have had any real action! I got skunked Friday night.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
I have really struggled this spring! Last night was the first night I have had any real action! I got skunked Friday night.
The hunt for the big fish has been tough for me too. Eaters, I can catch. Finally got a 10 pounder yesterday. I might post it later. There were days when I would have killed to know where you fish. Now, I'm fine with where I fish, but it's nice to have more options. One of my goals this year is to catch 10 pounders from a couple of more places. Have you got your boat out yet?

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The hunt for the big fish has been tough for me too. Eaters, I can catch. Finally got a 10 pounder yesterday. I might post it later. There were days when I would have killed to know where you fish. Now, I'm fine with where I fish, but it's nice to have more options. One of my goals this year is to catch 10 pounders from a couple of more places. Have you got your boat out yet?
I was ready to take here out a few weeks ago before we got that cold spell:( Then I got about 40 inch's of snow in 7 days. My drive way is 50 yards long and narrow. We are at 7000 feet right at the base of a higher ridge. We get very little direct sun in the afternoon. I tried to plow with one of the ATVs and broke the plow cable. Then it turned to ice.

Last week after everything melted we got the other ATV ready to pull the boat in and out of the garage and down the driveway. Something blew and it spewed oil all over the place:eek: It is now at the shop also, lol. I hope to get the boat out on Pueblo Thursday or Friday? I also have the option of storing it a t a boat storage place in Castle Rock?

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Gnarly! I'd crazy if I had a new boat and can't take it out.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fish the area you are interested in during the day. Get acquainted with every hump, ledge, casting lane, etc.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
More like breaking my ankle on a rock or falling in when it's slippery :eek: I guess I just need to get out there and learn the in's and out's
Watch out for them black things that look like rocks. Sometimes they're a big space between rocks.:eek: Don't ask how I know this, I've learned to use my headlamp more often now.

Nice fish Neal! That second one does look spawned out.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I ate little pink butterflies the other night on a dam, I don't usually flat out fall but this time I did. Everything flew out of my hands, I was just glad no rods or reels broke, because I have broken both things that way a couple times.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I ate little pink butterflies the other night on a dam, I don't usually flat out fall but this time I did. Everything flew out of my hands, I was just glad no rods or reels broke, because I have broken both things that way a couple times.
Been there done that! I have had some nasty encounters with both rocks and hooks, LOL.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Fish the area you are interested in during the day. Get acquainted with every hump, ledge, casting lane, etc.
Nice fish Neal. If I remember right, the last time I fished the rocks at night, I lost five Rogues in eight casts..expensive evening.

Shoot, I stumbled on the boat last week in the light...got my feet caught in the net. Luckily my shin and head kept me from going out of the back of the boat.. Shin still hurts like heck to touch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gz02QZSNPY

1 - 20 of 26 Posts