Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Posting Pictures, a clear example

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Cutthroat 
#1 ·
Since posting pictures is difficult for folks to figure out, I worked up a little graphic that illustrates the basic method for producing a message with a photo in it.

See less See more
#4 ·
Yup, you can cut and paste it, if one is provided (more and more they are). I use my own website to host my pics, and so I type in my url. However you get it there, with the img and /img tags, it should end up looking like the one in the example here.

#5 ·
I'm guessing that the most confusing part for alot of folks is the fact that you need to host your image on a server somewhere and then use the URL you get from that server to put in between the "img" and "/img" tags. Depending on where you host your image, the description of what the URL is can be less than obvious. You can always cut and paste that URL into a browser to see what shows up, or just use the Preview button on the posting screen until you get it right...

#6 ·
yea sending the info to the hosting site takes forever with my dial up, i usually have 3 or 4 things going when i'm trying to send pics over. it seems to take about 10 min per pic when i use photobucket, tinypic was the same. i like photobucket because they let you keep a photo gallery so once you get the pics on there you can go back and use them again without downloading again..

#10 ·
If you reduce the size of the pic before upload using some kind of photo editing software (if you have it), you can save a ton of time uploading. I reduce my 4 megapixel pictures to 25-33% size. They show up plenty large enough for viewing on the forums, and are only around 100-200K in size, compared to over 1 megabytes for the full-sized image.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.