Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fished the upper poudre this morning for a couple hours. Got up there at the crack of dawn and boy was it cold. The wind blew hard all day and when it gusted it blew HARD. The wind also could not make up it's mind on which direction to blow. There is nothing more exilirating then picking your line off the water with the wind to your back and before you can cast foreward the wind is in your face. It was snowing also but I enjoy fishing in the snow. Fishing was tough. Fished till about 11:00. I landed one nice little rainbow, I'd say about 14 inches. I left my digital in the car and my phone pic didn't come out. Only got about two other bites all morning. I scared a big pod of fish right as I got to the river but they never came back. Fished the usual copper/black beaut combo. Fish took on the b.b. I love fishing the poudre and can't wait till a little more ice comes off and the temps go up just a little more.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It really is. I usually have alot better luck up there. But it was still a geat day.

left_turn56-you fish up there much?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
other then just the need to be on the river...I wouldnt head out until about 10 or so this time of year. Things really dont get crankin' till things warm up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts